Feeling proud #raahi

Last night when I was going back to my home around 8:30pm
I saw an old woman sitting next to the footpath & selling oranges. Some 10 steps ahead of her was some 8yr old girl begging to fill her stomach for the night.
I had a little money. How could I've helped them both?
I had two choices.
Look at them and walk away.
Or make their nights.
I decided to buy all the oranges the old lady had and give them to the young girl.
As i approached the lady i asked her
"amma kitne ka diya 1 kilo?".
"beta raat ka samaye hai, ghar jaane waali hu, waise 60rs kilo bhaav hai par tu 50 mein le ja." She said.
"Amma jitne bhi hain saare dedo 70 ke bhaav se" I said.
She looked at me shocked.
Why'd i want to buy all the oranges and that too at a rate higher than the actual one even though when she was ready to give them to me at a lower cost?
She looked at me puzzled.
"Baba raat ka time hai kyu masti kar raha hai. Lena hai toh bol"
she said angrily.
"Amma jitne santare hain saare dedo 70 ke hisaab se"
i said taking out my wallet.
By now she knew i wasn't playing with her.
She gave me 4 kilo oranges and didn't say a word.
She was in a deep dilemma.
She kept staring me in the crowd of hundred people.
I gave her the money and walked to the young girl.
I asked her name.
"kya naam hai beta aapka?"
"Rani" she replied in a very cute voice.
"Naam toh bahoot accha hai aapka." I said to her handing her the oranges.
"Ye lo, khaa lena aur ab ghar chale jaao aap, raat hogayi hai na? Der tak bahar nahi rehte acche bacche" i said to her.
She took the oranges and said "bhaiya shukriya, par itne saare?"
"Rakhlo. Rani ho tum, rani kabhi bhukhi nahi soti"
i said to her giving a smile.
And as i turned around and took some steps away i heard her calling me again.
"Bhaiya!"
"ha bolo?" I asked her.
"Kal bhi aaoge na aap, chahe santare mat laana par milne aajana." She said.
And this literally bought me to tears.
I looked at the lady again, she was still there looking at us and almost in tears. With a smile.
Give love.
That's all what matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyo tenu ehna chahnva m